Organic veg box suppliers are having a tough time at the moment, as people are apparently cutting their orders back as they downsize. So this week I tried to think of a way of factoring in an organic veg box into this week’s crisis diet, while still keeping the total around £35. This proved to be too much of a challenge, so we are looking at £27 at Asda and £14 for a medium organic vegetable box (Abel and Cole), totalling £41 for the week’s shopping.
Breakfast is porridge as usual, lunch is tinned soup and bread plus protein as before.
Dinner ideas are as follows, and recipes are readily available on the internet. The veg box items are in bold. They are tasty, and seasonal.
1. Broccoli and cream cheese bake
2. Chard and salmon quiche
3. White pollack fish with boiled potatoes and fennel
4. Roast gammon, mashed potatoes and peas
5. Baked potatoes with bolognaise sauce
6. Chicory wrapped with ham, tinned chopped tomatoes poured over, and grated cheese on top, baked for 30 minutes.
7. Mushroom omelettes