- 8oz/ 200g porridge oats
- 1 apple, grated
- Handful of raisins, sultanas or currants
- 5 oz/125 ml natural yoghurt
- 5 oz/125 ml apple juice
- Handful of nuts (optional)
- Squeeze of honey
Mix the ingredients together and leave overnight in the fridge for the oats and dried fruit to swell. Serve for breakfast or as an after-school snack. You can top the mixture with berries, bananas or kiwi fruit before serving.
Banana split yoghurts
- 1 banana
- Small carton natural yoghurt
Put yoghurt into a dish, and slice banana over the top. Drizzle a little Nutella over it all.
- One apple per person, eating apple variety (peeled, cored and sliced)
- Lemon rind or a squeeze of juice
- 2 whole cloves
- Raisins (optional)
Bring the water to a boil with the lemon rind and cloves, and the raisins if you are using them, and then turn down the heat and add the eating apples. Let the apples simmer gently until tender. Drain them off and leave the to cool, serving with yoghurt or a little creme fraiche. You can also serve them hot as a dessert for a family supper, with custard.