As we recover from the spendfest that is Christmas, it’s always useful to give a bit of thought to how to organise your spending properly to avoid problems in the Spring. Here are five tips that you can apply straight away, to help stretch your budget as far as possible.
1. Have a special section in your purse or handbag for coupons. Categorise them and clip similar ones together with paperclips so you actually use them. Do the same for coffee and bookshop loyalty cards. Review the contents regularly so you know what you have available to you.
2. Sign up to a cashback website to get money in return for your online shopping. Quidco is a popular one, but I have found Topcashback gives better returns. Here are links:
Quidco can be found here: http://www.quidco.com/
Topcashback can be found here: http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/boffinmum
If you don’t want me to get a £10 referral code at no cost to you, Topcashback can also be found here: http://www.topcashback.co.uk/home
3. Use a barcode scanner on your smartphone linked to a price comparison website to check you are getting the cheapest deals when out and about.
4. Sign up for loyalty schemes where possible.
5. Sign up on the websites of your favourite brands to get money off coupons and special deals. Some will even send you free full size trial products to test, free birthday cards and gifts.